Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta will leave his decision about moving to Chinese Super League before the end of April.
Iniesta, who signed a lifetime contract with Barcelona in October, said he had an offer from a Chinese club.
Previously, the 33-year-old had been linked with a move to Tianjin Quanjian, however, the Chinese Super League side declared that the information was “false”.
“I must decide before April 30 whether to stay at Barcelona or go to China,” Iniesta told after Barcelona beat Chelsea 3-0 in the Champions League on Wednesday, as quoted by Reuters.
“I have to weigh up which is best for me and for the club.”
Meanwhile, Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde leaves this likely transfer to Iniesta’s personal affair.
“I don’t know (what he will do), it’s a very personal decision, he has to decide,” Valverde said.
“He has his reasons and will decide what’s best for him. I’m not thinking of a Barcelona without Andres Iniesta because right now we have a Barcelona with Andres Iniesta.”