Las Palmas forward Jonathan Viera joins Beijing Guoan

Las Palmas forward Jonathan Viera has reportedly completed a move to Chinese side Beijing Guoan, according to report from Spanish news outlet Marca.

Marca claimed that Viera had signed a four-year deal, which is worth 11 million euros, with the Chinese outfit. He has been estimated to earn 1.5m euros per season and 6m euros over the entirety of the contract.

However, Las Palmas will only get around 60 percent of that fee because of the deal which states that the La Liga side own 60 percent of the player’s rights, with the other 40 percent being split between his former club Standard Liege and former agent Pedro Bravo.

Moreover, Las Palmas retains 30 percent of any future transfers, as well as incentives in the event the Chinese club were to win any tournament.

Viera, who started his career at Las Palmas’ youth academy, joined Valencia in 2012 two years after being promoted to the first team at Las Palmas.

He returned to his boyhood club in 2015 after a one-season loan to Rayo Vallecano and another season at Belgian club Standard Liege.